- 6.5km long anomaly identified in outcrop and geophysics;
- Magnetite amphibolite;
- 30m thickness in 2 holes 3km apart;
- +140m down-dip confirmed;
- High quality concentrate produced in test-work at coarse grind sizes;
- 2 domains:
- Hematite dominated north
- Magnetite dominated south
Outstanding concentrate produced
- High grade concentrate produced from all Caetité projects and Riacho North;
- Only low magnetic intensity Davis Tube Recovery test work conducted to date. Further recovery may come from hematite fraction with additional processing.
- Bahia projects are between 25km and 140km from the FIOL Stage 1 line. Depending on track route chosen for Stage 2, they lie a maximum of 95km from the Stage 2 FIOL line. Track distance to Porto Sul is around 550km;
- Environmental approvals for Porto Sul (Ilheus expansion) granted Nov 2012;
- The FIOL rail line Stage 1 from Porto Sul to ENRC’s 26 Mtpa Bahmin project is currently under construction, completion scheduled for 2016.